Seeking adrenaline-pumping activities for the first day of summer? On June 21st, we challenge you to Idaho’s Top 10.
- Jetboat on the Snake River in Hell’s Canyon, the deepest river gorge in North America.
2. Scale 12,662-foot Mt. Borah, Idaho’s tallest peak.
3. Own an air trike? Go sky cruising in Sandpoint (voted the “most beautiful small town” by USA Today and Rand McNally, 2011).
4. Rock climb the Bloody Fingers wall, one of the better crack pitches at City of Rocks.
5. Cure your single track deficit disorder (STDD). Head to Sun Valley with your mountain bike and hammer through some of the best single track trails.
6. Hang out at the brothel museum in Wallace, then take the Silver Streak Zipline Tour (allowing you the option of flying in the “Superman” position at a speed of 55 mph).
7. Tear it up with a sand jeep at the St. Anthony Sand Dunes. St. Anthony consists of more than 11,000 acres of clear, shifting, white quartz sand dunes up to 400 feet high.
8. Tandem BASE jump off Perrine Bridge (486 feet above the Snake River).
9. Motorcycle the Lowman Loop (Boise-Banks-Lowman-Idaho City-Boise). 640 curves with over 3,500 feet in elevation changes.
10. Ride the new monster thrill ride SpinCycle, the world’s tallest of its kind, at Silverwood Theme Park.
What activity will you participate in?